The Zonta Film Festival started in 2011 to showcase women documentary filmmakers and advocate for the empowerment of women. It is a fundraiser by the Zonta Club of Kitchener-Waterloo, for local women’s non profits and charities in Waterloo Region.
Over the last six years, dozens of films have been curated by the film committee that are both engaging and provocative.
Zonta Film Festival is dedicated to showing films that will stimulate conversation around human and women’s rights. At times, films may reveal prejudices and other beliefs that ZFF does not condone. Views or opinions expressed by a film are those of the film and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of ZFF or the Zonta Club of Kitchener-Waterloo.
- Improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women globally and locally through service and advocacy
- Work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of executives
- Promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms
- Be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs and
- To provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, nations and the world